Tuesday, January 1, 2013

Happy New Year

New Years Eve has never been my favorite Holiday. I like my sleep. This year was no different. I didn't even try to last till midnight. I wasn't going to get my New Years Kiss anyway, so I opted for a few extra hours of sleep instead. When I woke up to a 5:30AM phone call from Afghanistan I was happy for those hours!

Andrew spent the New Year in Afghanistan working his usual night shift, "nothing exciting" he says. When he sent me a message to wish me a Happy New Year about 1AM his time, he told me there was one good thing about being on opposite sides of the world for New Years Eve. I thought he was crazy, I couldn't think of one good thing about it, but being his sweet self that he always is, he said, "We get two New Years Kisses, even if its online it still makes me pretty lucky." He never ceases to amaze me in the things he says, it was all I needed to make it through the finish of 2012.

Looking forward to 2013 has some really exciting things coming up for us. Andrew will complete his first deployment! YAY! Also, we are getting married this year! A lot of people think its crazy, but I've been waiting for this day since I was 14 years old! It's finally the year it's going to happen :) 

That's really all that happened for us, nothing to exciting. Oh well, we will make up for missed time next Year. 

Happy New Year!
We have one more day down! 

No comments:

Post a Comment