Friday, January 4, 2013

Boxes are off, Birthday is over

Hello All! I don't really have all that much to talk about. Yesterday was my 21st Birthday. If you know me at all, then you probably know that it wasn't a wild, crazy, drunken night. I went to dinner with my parents and my sisters. Ryan bailed on us and went to Chicago for work, what a loser. We went to Texas Roadhouse and had a nice steak dinner, although Jennifer and Alli wouldn't let me celebrate without at least one shot. So we all had a Pineapple Upside Down shot. It wasn't to bad actually. 

Andrew of course celebrated my birthday a day earlier than I did. By celebrated I mean worked. Hah. But I also had two boxes full of snacks and goodies sent off to him, he will be thrilled when he gets them, I'm sure. Last night I got to skype with Andrew for a short time, which was the best birthday present I could have, he told me about how he won a Ping-Pong Tournament on base there in Afghanistan! He even won a trophy! My dad got quite a kick out of that, and takes credit for Andrew being pretty good. He "taught him how to play," or at least he thinks he did. He says it's because he's been beaten by my dad so many times over the past 6 years. Whatever you say Melvin. Haha. 

As for anything else, I started registering for gifts for our wedding. Talk about stressful. I really just Andrew was here to give his opinions (or sarcastic remarks). I'm happy my birthday is done and over with, one more special day he will miss is out of the way. I know there are going to be many more to come, but one less than before. We're making progress through deployment, slowly but surely. I just keep reminding myself, he'll be back home soon.

All in all, we both had a fun past couple days and Andrew is safe. That makes me extremely happy. Don't forget Andrew and his entire MP Company in your prayers. Until they all come home. 

We have another day down! <3 

Here is a picture from our Birthday Dinner :)


No comments:

Post a Comment