Tuesday, June 11, 2013

Life is Crazy... or Maybe I'm Just Losing My Mind

More than anything, I'm amazed that I have the time to sit down and write this blog entry tonight. I've been so busy, I'm completely behind in life. I started my internship at the hospital and it has definitely been keeping me going. On top of planning this wedding, taking a summer class, and anxiously awaiting Andrew's return home. Oh yeah, and I am almost completely redoing our entire home! I'm learning a lot at the hospital and seeing some really neat things too. I got to sit in our 4 surgeries this week! Talk about cool! What I really love about the VA hospital is how willing everyone is to slow down and teach me something as they work. I also love how grateful these men and women are for the care the receive. They truly make a 12 hour shift not seem so long. 

Andrew has been pretty busy himself. Doing what? Ehh I don't know, I prefer not to know and not to ask. Things have been a little better for the 603rd as they are approaching their return home. Andrew has been a total sweetheart, he's ready to be home where he belongs and start our life together as husband and wife soon! We got to Skype today and I was so excited to show him all the wedding projects I've been working on. He loved them! Haha, ok well he at least was a good sport about it. That's what is important, right? Haha.

Wedding plans are moving along, slowly. Each day I add at least 2 things to our to do list and generally cross of none (OK maybe 1 if I'm lucky). Awhile back a friend told me that we should just elope and I thought, no way I want a wedding! Haha, maybe I should have listened. I know that when the day comes nothing else will matter because at the end of the day I'll be married to my best friend. Tonight we met with a woman who will do our flower arrangements. Checked that off my list! Although now we must add our slight bridesmaids dress fiasco! Someone please remind me everyday that everything will come together by October 19th!

If anyone wants to come spend the next few weeks with me and help me catch up on life I would not object! :) I'm ready to finish this class and this internship, then finally be in my sweet fiance's arms, and then become Mrs. Turnbough <3 

It's June, Andrew's been gone over 6 months. Just yesterday I was thinking how I've seen him for a total of 4 days of the last 9 months. So crazy, but I am so ready to have him home! Just a little bit longer and we can kiss deployment goodbye! 

The 603rd still has a way to go and are still missing their fallen soldier. Life won't be the same for most of them as I know SFC Rhea touched each of their lives in a special way. I ask that you all keep the 603rd in your prayers and continue to pray for the Rhea family daily. Stay strong 603rd.

We have another day down! I'll be seeing my soldier soon.


I miss this crazy boy!


No comments:

Post a Comment