Saturday, October 5, 2013

14 days

I'm sitting here wondering how in the blink of an eye Andrew left for training, came home, asked me to be his wife, deployed to Afghanistan, and came home again. Of course, if you asked me a 2 months ago I would have told you it's been the longest 9 months of my life. But now I can hardly believe that 2 weeks from today I will be walking down the isle and saying I do. It's crazy how fast and how slow this last year has been.

Andrew has now been home just a month, and 3 days to be exact. It is just as perfect today as it was the day he stepped off that bus here at home. Since then so much has happened. We lost Andrew's sweet grandmother and they had a very nice service for her up in Chicago. We will definitely miss her at the wedding but she'll be watching from the best seat of all. Andrew got to go to the home opener Chicago Bears game and obviously was beyond excited for that. Things haven't really settled down since he's been home. We decided Athena needed a friend, so she now has a little brother. He's a pure breed German Shepherd and only 12 weeks. He's super cute but such a whiner! We had a trip planned to Chicago, so 2 weeks later we headed back to Chicago for a nice long weekend trip. We had such a good time. We went to Wrigley Field and saw the Cubs WIN! (it doesn't matter, I know. but it's the first time we've seen them win in person)! I've been crazy busy with school and clinical. I have fallen in love with OB clinical but I am super excited for my journey to Children's Mercy in a few weeks!!

I really don't have much excitement to talk about but I will shortly! :) Here are a few pictures of our first month back together! :)

photo.PNG  photo.PNG  photo.PNGphoto 5.PNG  photo 3.PNG  photo 4.PNG
photo 2.PNG  photo 1.PNG 

No comments:

Post a Comment